NWTF Convention

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

NWTF Convention

Postby kygobbler » February 14th, 2013, 5:31 am

Is anyone going to the convention this year? Im planing on going up there Saturday for the first time. Hopefully I will meet some of you.
Is it turkey season yet?

Cut N Run

Re: NWTF Convention

Postby Cut N Run » February 14th, 2013, 7:57 am

I wish I was. Have a great time.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

dewey

Postby dewey » February 15th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Unless the convention is in Cancun Mexico you probably won't see me :D Have fun and have a safe trip.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » February 21st, 2013, 7:28 pm

dewey wrote:Unless the convention is in Cancun Mexico you probably won't see me :D Have fun and have a safe trip.

Dewey

Dewey

did you hunt Ocellated? I know you were talking about it.

dewey

Postby dewey » February 21st, 2013, 11:37 pm

I wish but this vacation has been a family trip. We got down here on Saturday and we head for home Saturday and the weather has been absolutely beautiful. The other day when driving back from the Playa del Carman area I ordered the wifey to keep a look out for the Ocellated turkeys. I didn't see any and the wifey said she didn't see any but I am not sure see was looking very hard. :D

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 22nd, 2013, 10:05 am

That is an interesting part of the world. I hope you had fun there Dewey. The Oscillated turkeys I saw were west and south of Playa del Carmen in Guatemala in Peten near Tikal and farther south near the Belize border. To get an idea of how far out in the brush we were, a jaguar ran across the road in front of us one evening near Chinchorro. It did not make for a restful night's sleep. One day while looking for Oscillated, we had a troop of howler monkeys come up on us. They smelled like cows. They sure did make a ton of racket too.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion