Spring 2011 hunt

mikeannikki

Spring 2011 hunt

Postby mikeannikki » January 27th, 2011, 12:49 pm

I am coming down with two buddies this spring. Was wondering what if any info I could get. I know this is somewhat last minute but that was not supposed to be that way..... Have a friend in Jacksonville or could go farther south just want to be in Osceolla country. We are from northern Ohio and could trade for a Lake Erie Walleye trip if that interests anyone - Ice or Open water. The good ice fishing will kick in in the next two weeks. Also could do some Ohio Big Buck hunting in the Columbus area. Thanks guys

Mike Willis

mikeannikki

RE: Spring 2011 hunt

Postby mikeannikki » February 14th, 2011, 1:00 am

Ok the two buddies has turned into one and if someone could at least direct us to a couple good choices in Osceola County that would be nice. I am not asking for your personal honeyhole but just a couple WMA's that are huntable and hold some birds. Any help would be greatly appreciated but either way we are gonna give it a go. If nothing else we will get some afternoon fishing in!
"Of all the things I have felt in the woods, the only thing I have never felt is old"

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » February 20th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Try the Ocala area. You will definately be in O Country!

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » February 23rd, 2011, 4:41 pm

Go to http://myfwc.com/RECREATION/Hunt_SprTur ... Permit.htm and it will give you a breakdown of the WMA's that you can hunt without having to apply for a quota permit. All you will need is your out of state 10 day permit, a Wildlife management area permit and an out of state Turkey permit. The prices for the permits are listed on the same site. The site has a breakdown of which WMA's are designated as Osceola and which are designated Eastern habitats. I hope this helps.

If you want to talk Turkey, "Nuthin' rings like a Dixie Belle"
Good Luck'
Ted

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » April 15th, 2011, 2:22 am

Hello fellas. I have an Uncle that Lives in Port Richey and is looking for a place to hunt turkey. He's in his 60's, can get around ok and is a strong Christian man. Looking for someone that owns their own land and would befriend him. If I can find someone that he can end up hunting with I will personally send you a set of my custom turkey calls, and you will make one heck of a good friend in my uncle. PM me please, I will probably forget to check this thread.
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Return to Florida