Good fortune at the NWTF banquet

The latest news from the field!
Big10Inch

Good fortune at the NWTF banquet

Postby Big10Inch » April 9th, 2011, 6:28 am

Our local chapter of the NWTF known as the Blue Sky Long Beards had their banquet last night in North Bay, Ontario. It was the second event in three years and it took a strong effort by our committe to pull it all together. We are on the northern fringe of the turkey range and all of us here have to travel south to hunt, as we have no season (or turkeys) here. As a result, selling the event can be a challenge. We had a great meal and a real nice time. It was a buyers market and we still made a small profit...something to build on for next year!

On a personal note, my gal won the Remington 1100 20 guage and the 'pick of the litter', so she took the turkey silverware. When we were setting up the banquet, she grabbed the silverware to set it up and and drooled on it I think, so it's great that she won it. What a night!

Fan Club

RE: Good fortune at the NWTF banquet

Postby Fan Club » April 9th, 2011, 11:21 am

Congrats on a successful banquet and your Gal's luck!  Very cool.

I finally won a gun two years ago, a sweet Rem 700 varmint in Ruger .204. I reckon I was due after 13 years of going home with trinkets. Last year I won a chain saw, this year got shut out again...you just never know!

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting