I will try not to create more questions than I can answer, but here are just a few basics of posting photos to this (or most any) Web forum.
1. First, get a copy of the photo on your desktop before you even start to make your post. That way you will know where to find the darn thing later.
2. When it comes to sizing a photo, most computers come with some sort of basic photo editing software. At the least, it should allow you to resize photos by size in inches and/or size in pixels.
3. Photos posted in messages on this site need to be smaller than 200 KB (.2 MB). When you downsize your photos in inches or pixels, the size in KB will get smaller. To further knock down the size, most photo editing programs allow you to lower the image quality. For a photo that is only going to be viewed on a computer screen, you can lower the image quality quite a bit without it being noticeable.
4. For reference, the turkey photo below is 288 x 442 pixels. My avatar photo at left is 145 x 145 pixels.
5. One more note: Be sure to click on "My Profile" at the top of the page after logging in. This allows you to customize your profile, add an avatar photo (the little pic that appears whenever you make a post) and post a larger profile photo.
Hope this helps. We are working on setting up a technical support e-mail, which I will announce when it is ready. In the meantime, feel free to post other questions in this forum. The regulars here are all helpful in assisting new members.