T&TH No Longer Published

The latest news from the field!
Brian Lovett

Re: T&TH No Longer Published

Postby Brian Lovett » March 12th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Guys, I just want to say thanks for the kind words. Very humbling. Thanks for your support. Hopefully we can keep the site going strong.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 12th, 2013, 3:31 pm

My thoughts i have gotten both T&TH and D&DH for many years and have felt that they were one of the best magazines going . LIke Dana the guys here have become like friends and like Jim the D&DH web site just is'nt the same some of the people there aren't to friendly when you don't agree . As for this website i'ld pay something to keep it going . we have added some new guys , I'm kinda thinking that maybe we can make this into something really great! we all like to share what we have learned and we can start our own bad birds string cause i'm sure we each had a bad bird in life, i'm hoping that we can get together here for years to come......wayne

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » March 12th, 2013, 6:02 pm

First I want to echo the other comments made already. I will truly miss getting my T&TH magazine out of the mailbox, I enjoy it thouroughly!

Brian, thank you for what you do, I love reading your blogs and decision time pieces, and having had the true priveledge of getting to know you on a personal level, you are an awesome guy and look forward to seeing you later this month. I salute you!!

This forum is the first one I have joined, since then I have joined a few others, but this is the one I check several times a day, all year long. Hope we can keep this all going.

Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

dewey

Postby dewey » March 12th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I would certainly pay for a scaled back digital version of T&TH as it is a great learning tool. From everything on how to articles to in depth research to better understand the animals we are hunting. I read "Sidewinder" last night in the April 2013 issue and I never thought about turkeys doing such things as sneaking in from behind you when you are calling to a tom in another direction. Plus I will certainly miss the Bad Bird article every month.

I have really enjoyed the Decision Time posts by Brian as it makes you think and then hopefully some of those situations will trigger the correct response when that happens to me in the field.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 13th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Sad news for sure. T&TH is the only mag i subscribe to, and I always looked forward to getting it in the mail. I'm only thankful that it appears this forum will remain up for the foreseeable future. We have such an active community here it would be a shame for that to go away. I probably check these forums on an almost daily basis year round. I have met a few of the members in person, but I enjoy hearing from all of you and appreciate the real wealth of knowledge we have here. It's so refreshing to be able to talk with people who don't think it strange that there are a half dozen mouth calls in my truck year round, or would question why a sane person might get up at 2AM to drive 3 hours for some pre season scouting..

I want to say thank you to Brian and the others with T&TH for putting out such a high quality publication and providing us with this place to interact with others who share our passion.

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » March 14th, 2013, 9:36 am

So sad, it's not funny. :cry:

Like most of the posts here, I too only subscribed to the T +TH magazine, I get turkey country as a sponsor member of the NWTF. But, unlike that one, this mag seemed to have a better balance of articles to ads, there's is way too commercial. Which may explain why this one is no longer. If they can't generate the revenue thorugh ads or subscriptions, hard to continue to offer a product.

All the best to Brian and the gang, have enjoyed being along on their hunts over the years and do hope the site continues,

TurkeyJohn
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

TheCallDr

Postby TheCallDr » March 14th, 2013, 11:13 am

Sad that someone up the chain did not figure out how to go to a Digital Copy. I too have no desire for a Deer mag.
WildTalker Game Calls
"Talk on the Wild Side"

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » March 14th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Wow, Can't believe e are losing the best mag out there. Like most other guys I truely enjoyed receiving my t&th mag in the mail each month,reading it from cover to cover and going back to reread articles.Brian thanks for all you did its ben great.Being pretty new to turkey hunting i looked to the mag for info,much of which helped me tons. I too get turkey country from NWTF but its not as informative. Hope forum stays up, there are a great bunch of guys here and I too check forum daily.
Brian

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » March 15th, 2013, 1:09 am

I'm gonna miss T&TH Magazine too :cry:

This site is staying that's good! I'd volunteer to be a Moderator if it helps at all... I have my own website/Forums I made and run ( http://www.michiganoutdoorsman.com/Forum/index.php ) and it can't be much different.

RockyMtnGobblers

Postby RockyMtnGobblers » March 19th, 2013, 12:27 pm

WOW That sucks! When I was a beginner turkey hunter I depended on the good info in T&TH, NWTF and videos, to learn how to hunt the wild turkey.
It aint the killin it's the challenge of the Hunt.

PreviousNext

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting