T&TH No Longer Published

The latest news from the field!
eddie234

Re: T&TH No Longer Published

Postby eddie234 » March 22nd, 2013, 9:17 am

I never had a turkey hunting mentor, I credit this magazine and you guys for me becoming a successful turkey hunter. Any questions I had I could always come to this forum and get an honest answer. I read the magazine from cover to cover trying to absorb everyting I can. I hate to seen the magazine go belly up, I would certainly get a digital copy if it would save the co. some money and that would help keep it going.
Twitter: @edvogler

dewey

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2013, 9:44 pm

eddie234 wrote:I never had a turkey hunting mentor, I credit this magazine and you guys for me becoming a successful turkey hunter. Any questions I had I could always come to this forum and get an honest answer. I read the magazine from cover to cover trying to absorb everyting I can. I hate to seen the magazine go belly up, I would certainly get a digital copy if it would save the co. some money and that would help keep it going.

We sound like we learned the same way and feel the same way about the magazine and the forum.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 25th, 2013, 7:32 pm

I can't imagine the information lost if they shut down this site. I was just reading posts from 2008.
South Carolina Low Country

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 26th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Got my spring issue today....the lAst one....sad day on the hill....farewell old friend :(
David

You never know, unless you go

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 26th, 2013, 9:28 pm

I got it today also,it sad knowing that I will not be get anymore of them in the mail.I will miss reading the mag. it is always full of great stuff.learn alot from the turkey and turkey hunting bunch,God bless you all and will miss you..

putt

Postby putt » March 27th, 2013, 12:05 pm

I received my Spring 2013 issue also yesterday. Been reading it slowly since, trying to delay finishing it.

But the articles are such quality that I'm already half way thru it.

All articles are outstanding, & most deal with tips or hunt details to make the reader a better turkey hunter.

But the first article, "In the Emerald Hills," is a great example of the type of article I'm going to miss most.

No real tips within the article, just a beautifully written journal of a man's love for the land & the experience.

Goodby, Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine. I'm really gonna miss you.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » May 14th, 2013, 6:35 am

I did the same thing Putt-

Only read one article a day to try and make it last.

SIGH.... :(
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » May 14th, 2013, 1:48 pm

This was my second year here.Was just starting to feel like home.Love all the good people here.Everybody here will go all out to help you in anyway they can.Hard to find a place like that.Just hate to see it all go.

Kevin

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 19th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Well, I have been a bit out of touch lately for a number of reasons and completely missed this thread. This is very sad news for me. T&TH magazine is an excellent publication with a lot of variety and excellent contributors. I have enjoyed them all and learned a good bit more about the history of this sport that we all enjoy so much.

I would never be able to say enough about Brian Lovett. He is a true gentleman who is interested in the sport and everyone who participates in it. Thank you Brian for all that you have done and I wish you all the best as you continue in your career.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 22nd, 2013, 2:33 pm

Just received my first issue of Deer and Derr Hunting this afternoon from the post. Had been in denial that the rumours were wrong and that my favourite magazine was going to somehow survive or revive, like an old Tom that's fooling around with you. But alas, the delivery of the "replacement" seals the fate and I have to come to terms with the demise of my old friend. :cry:

I worry where Brian and the other folks at T & TH will go? :roll: I hope they've all been offered sweet spots with outfitters, other mags or with manufacturers selling to the turkey industry. They sure will be missed and I hope they keep the forum posted as to their whereabouts.

All the best folks and RIP T & TH magazine, let's keep the forum more active than ever :) ,

TurkeyJohn
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

Previous

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting