Insulated bibs

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
kygobbler

Insulated bibs

Postby kygobbler » December 4th, 2011, 11:28 am

Guys I need your help on picking out a pair of insulated bibs without going to the stores. I want to know which kind is best to use for turkey hunting. My in-laws are going to get it for me for x-mas so I need to know which ones will keep you warm, quiet, and plenty of room to bend and twist.

Turkeybuster

Re: Insulated bibs

Postby Turkeybuster » December 4th, 2011, 7:37 pm

I like the Carhartt bibs they are a little stiff until they are washed a few times but they wear like iron.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Cut N Run

Re: Insulated bibs

Postby Cut N Run » February 6th, 2012, 3:09 pm

I have some Columbia insulated bibs and matching jacket in Mossy Oak camo that I use often in early season. They really help keep me warm and dry. I have taken a lot of turkeys wearing them because opening week of turkey season starts off cool and rain can happen at any time.

I also have a a pair of uninsulated flannel Mossy Oak bibs that I wear over my regular hunting (or street) clothes if I need an extra layer without having to go to the insulated bibs & jacket. I bought them a couple of sizes too big just to help break up my outline and to make sure they would fit over any other clothes I might be wearing at the time. I keep them in my truck with some other camo, calls, & ammo in case I end up with spare time to hunt that I wasn't expecting on.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Off Topic