Beware T&TH subscriptions renewals

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
retranger

Beware T&TH subscriptions renewals

Postby retranger » April 9th, 2011, 3:42 am

Yesterday I received a renewal notice for my subscription. I suddenly realized something was not right, as I had renewed in January for 3 years. [8|] When I called T&TH they confirmed that, so I asked why I got a renewal notice,,,,,,,,,,THE RENEWAL NOTICE IS THIRD PARTY AND NOT FROM T&TH!!!!!! The outfit is "Publishers Billing Assoc" from Reno, NV

SCAMING??????
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Brian Lovett

RE: Beware T&TH subscriptions renewals

Postby Brian Lovett » April 9th, 2011, 7:57 am

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes, the "notice" you received is a scam. Only renewal notices from Palm Coast, Fla., are legitimate. If you receive materials like retranger did, please send them directly to me at 700 E. State St., Iola, WI 54990-0001.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 9th, 2011, 10:02 am

I received the same crap . Knowing I had already renewed I sent it to the woodstove . I noticed the wrong address too . Sorry I didn't keep it to send it to you Brian .

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » April 9th, 2011, 10:04 am

Not a problem, Mark. The woodstove is a good place for that garbage. If you or anyone you know have questions on subscriptions, don't hesitate to contact me directly via p.m. or e-mail.

retranger

Postby retranger » April 9th, 2011, 10:23 am

Brian I had kept mine, was going to go BBB with it but it's in the mail to you!!!
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 9th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Brian
I just finished throwing mine in the wood stove before I read this post we went through the same thing last year.

Jon
Turkeybuster

FireFly908

Postby FireFly908 » April 9th, 2011, 2:16 pm

I still have mine. What should I do with it? (Besides NOT pay it, of course). In other words, do you want it Brian or do I need to let somebody know about it?

dewey

Postby dewey » April 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm

I got one too Brian. Can I PDF it and send it to you? It is a good thing that on the address label it says how long our subscription is good for otherwise I might have paid it. Can we send the bill back to the "biller" with a giant FU in it? jk.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » April 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Looks like we all got one...

I'm sending mine to you Brian. Hope no one falls for this as it is an outright scam. I just renewed in February for 2 years so I thought it strange as well. When I saw the Reno address, I dismissed it.

The invoice looks offical and states "Notice of Renewal". The price of $14.98 for Turkey and Turkey Hunting (6 issues- 1 YR) looks reasonable enough until I noticed that was an installment and the total amount is $29.95.  That's over twice the regular subscription price.

On the back of the invoice in the fine print it states "We offer over 600 magazines as an independent subcription agent, we do not necessarily have a direct relationship with the publishers or publications that we offer." If an order is not cancelled within 7 days it is subject to a $20.00 cancellation fee. Once they have your money they got you either way.

I'd be interested in finding out how they got all the names and addresses of the T&TH subcription readership.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » April 12th, 2011, 6:48 am

got one a few weeks ago, have already thrown it out. was wandering what was going on. had renewed mine on computer.

Next

Return to Off Topic