Coyote hunting help.

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
Big Gobbler

Coyote hunting help.

Postby Big Gobbler » March 27th, 2010, 5:22 am

Hey i got a few quastions about what are the good times to go coyote hunting and what calls do yall use? i have been trying around late in the afternoon and hearing them howl but not seeing anything.

VTlongbeardslayer

RE: Coyote hunting help.

Postby VTlongbeardslayer » April 12th, 2010, 5:42 am

go late at night, rabbit distress call.

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 22nd, 2010, 10:52 am

Night hunting isnt allowed in KY where I live so I have my best luck of the morning. A rabbit distress call is a great call but may want to try something different after a time or two. The rabbit call gets used a whole lot by hunters and coyotes wise up to it quick. Dont wear your spots out also, it dont take much. Always watch the wind, a yote will almost always circle down wind, try to keep the wind in a direction that you can see and shoot. Good luck.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » May 27th, 2010, 6:09 am

Anytime you have a chance is the best time to go. In Missouri your only allowed to hunt daylight hours the most productive time to me are the first and last few hours of daylight. Until the the temps really drop in winter then they will be up feeding more throughout the day. As far as calling I use a mixture of howl's and distress sounds and for the calls themselves the new e-callers are wonderful I hear if they are legal to use in your area. Closed reed calls are the easiest to use as far as a mouth blown call and open reed are the most versatile.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

Return to Off Topic