The T&TH Forums get even better!

For many, hunting can be a spiritual experience. Share those insights here. Hunters of all faiths and traditions are welcome.
hoosierhunter

RE: This is probably not going to go over well...

Postby hoosierhunter » April 23rd, 2010, 10:44 am

Thanks T&TH I appreciate your vision. I am pleased too see several new topic boards up and believe it will spur growth for the forum. Growth comes as we step into new experiences. When I become comfortable with the status quo and do not seek out an area in my life, to stretch my mind and consciousness, I feel as though I'm in a vacuum, and there is no growth in a vacuum.

I applaud Jim for stating his opinion, and I emphatically endorse his right to state his opinion, although I don't agree with his opinion. If any one wants to quote versus from the Koran, Torah, Holy Bible, The Big Blue Book, or your favorite comic book please feel welcome to do so.

There is one thing I do disagree with.
Kawboy, while I appreciate your enthusiasm since joining us, such a short time ago, I think that it is you that may owe Jim an apology, especially as a Christain man. Jim owes no one an apology for stating his opinion, although I see he has done so, which he is to be commended for, although I didn't see the need.
The other day I read a post from a fella who said that everyone should proof read what they post, that was wise advice from yourself Kawboy, may be you should heed that advice.
I wonder how many times the Romans, Pharisees, Sadducees said to Jesus, The Disciples, and or the Apostles, " Shame on you for even thinking you would have ANY RIGHT to make such a statement ! " I'll bet he heard it more than once.
I'm sure that Jesus and his comrades showed as much grace to their nay sayers, as Jim did you, by affording the apology you demanded, even though it was uncalled for.

I welcome differing opinions than mine, because I know I have no mastery over Wisdom, and therefore I might just learn something. A great man once wrote, " But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure: then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, IMPARTIAL, and sincere.

Any one have any guesses who that was ?
Dana, now you give everybody else a chance to answer first.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY & TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » April 23rd, 2010, 11:01 am

Hoosierhunter I disagree that kowboy888 needed to apologize to Jim for what he said.
You mention how Jesus had grace with his naysayers but didn't he also throw out the people who used the church as a trading post? He wasn't so "nice" then right?
What about God, didn't he send fire and brimestone down on Sodom? Didn't he flood the world?
Let's not try to be nicer than God, Jim can speak his mind if he pleases however thoughts like his in my opinion is what took God out of the schools and has brought this generation and others into Godless people.
I think this forum can be inspiring to others as long as it's not a fight fest, however when someone says something against God, I think they have as much right to say something to that person as much as that person has a right to voice his opinion.....difference is the forum is marked "Faith in hunting" so you know what you going in to read about.
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » April 23rd, 2010, 11:39 am

Cut N' Run's response is excellent, shows he's a man of value and integrity. He's A-Ok in my book.
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 23rd, 2010, 12:33 pm

As much as I get frustrated and aggravated turkey hunting, I have FAITH     (and with the help from God himself) that one day I will finally harvest a turkey! [:D]

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 25th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Well trace it seems you may favor one persons right to express their opinion, and yet not favor anothers right to express their opinion. As a pro staffer for this forum I respect everyones right to express their opinion as long as it is done so, without crossing certain boundaries. Anyone who can't tolerate the opinions of others, and or engage in respectful dialogue concerning differing opinions, might consider better of posting a demand for apologies, they have no right to demand, as was done.
Now as for your other comments concerning Jesus not being nice or God destroying Sodom or flooding the world. Consequences of inappropriate choices made by self indulgent people, with no regard of how their choices affected others. If I build a box call and am not happy with it because it is flawed, although others may not believe so, it is mine to destroy.

GOD LUCK, GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY & TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

Previous

Return to Faith in Hunting