Some of my most memorable hunts

For many, hunting can be a spiritual experience. Share those insights here. Hunters of all faiths and traditions are welcome.
shooter458

RE: Some of my most memorable hunts

Postby shooter458 » May 25th, 2010, 4:32 pm

I know exactly what you mean it's so much than just hunting i find god there also or should i say i make it easier for god to to reach me.I love my church and people of my parish and i feel gods love and his presents in my life many times a week.But in the woods alone thats when i feel the closest to him.I hope and pray that if at the end of my life i'am found to worthy of heaven that heaven is like the spring turkey woods with the wild flowers and the song birds and the fragerance of the honeysuckle blooms.I say it to him offen but it can't be said enough I love you GOD you truly are and awesome GOD. THANK YOU for all given me

eggshell

RE: Some of my most memorable hunts

Postby eggshell » May 27th, 2010, 11:00 am

AMEN SHOOTER AMEN

TeocTom

Re: Some of my most memorable hunts

Postby TeocTom » November 3rd, 2011, 12:04 pm

I am sorry that i did not read this earlier this year. Great story!
God placed within us guys a drawing to the outdoors. Have you ever wondered why when God speaks to men in the Bible it is in the wilderness.....the outdoors. Out there is where I remember who He is and who I am, i deal with things and hear His voice. God gave us the outdoors and hunting for our benefit.

Thanks for the post!
Eric
Team 4
Turkeys on a Plane

bamabirdbuster13

Re: RE: Some of my most memorable hunts

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » February 27th, 2012, 5:23 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Amen Dana.
I had one of the nicest hunts I've had in a long time this morning. I was lucky enough to take a good bird out of a bunch of toms that showed up at 7:15 this morning.
After returning home I was informed the my Brother had pasted away early this morning.
It makes me wonder why this morning was so differant and birds did what they normally wouldn't do. I do believe that I had very little to do with what they did and why they did it, and that somebody eles had a helping hand in the out come. [8|]

i had a hunt that closely resembles this hunt... i was 17 hunting primarliy by myself with little luck. it was the second week of the alabama season and my grandfather had been in town the week before and had killed a nice bird and good times were had amongst us all. it was the 27th of march and i was standing alone in a stand of pines the twighlight that morning hung so long the rising sun seemed supernatural. the woods were silent not a peep. then a lone crow cawwed and a gobble rang out immediatly then silence again. after waiting a spell of time i walked to the egde of the swamp where i heard the bird and set up along a fenceline. i called and here came a hen on a straight only stoping when she reached the decoy i had placed. she walked around sizing it up steping inches from my feet. i was thinking what would ole grandpa jim do. as she walked off i noticed two more birds coming they were jakes fighting the whole way across the field to get to me they hit the fence and stood there strutting and fighting with each other as to who would strut for my decoy they did this for a few minutes then ran along when ole boss toped the hill he stood just the otherside of the fence and watched my hen never gobbling just staring.. when all the sudden he stretched his wings on the sun drenched hill and took flight i remembered just sitting there in awe thinking how beautiful this bird was,as he flew directly over me his feathers shining in the sun. he flew to a logging road behind me. i didnt get the bird but couldnt be any happier. i got home and couldnt wait to tell my dad what had happened he came in and asked how it all went i told himm it was my best hunt of my life in all detail. it was then he told me my grandfather had died of a heart attack in the early hours of that morning. my only thought was that he was there not as a guiding hand to sucessfully tagging out , but to show me firsthand he had crossed over .2 weeks later i killed that bird and looked up and just thanked him i knew he was watching and i knew he was proud.
Imma give him a headache B.C cant fix

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » February 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm

the woods i hunted that day have been clearcut and i believe theyve started selling home lots , but ill never forget that day

eggshell

Postby eggshell » February 27th, 2012, 8:10 pm

nice story Bama, and March 27th happens to be my birthday.

I'll have to think of another hunt story to post soon
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

bamabirdbuster13

Postby bamabirdbuster13 » February 28th, 2012, 7:13 pm

thanks eggshell i never have told anybody about that i always just kept it as something for myself to remember.. but i felt it was fitting to share

Previous

Return to Faith in Hunting