New from New Mexico

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
maestasranch

New from New Mexico

Postby maestasranch » March 21st, 2011, 7:26 am

Hi,
I'm Jenny. My husband Jeff and I are taking over the hunting on a 6,000 acre ranch in Northern NM. He is an experienced hunter of 30 years, I am a newbie (we just met 2 years ago). So we are also newlyweds! We also raise and train quarter horses and mules for ranch and hunting work.

Anyhow, I have raised both domestic and wild turkeys on a farm but never hunted them. I'm so looking forward to learning all there is to learn! Jeff can teach me a lot, but I always like to read as much as I can about something that is new to me. One thing I can do is dress a bird--and fast! It's just the shooting part that's new.

I'll put more info on the Ranch in the outfitters thread.

Nice to be here!

Jenny

Turkeybuster

RE: New from New Mexico

Postby Turkeybuster » March 21st, 2011, 8:34 am

Welcome Jenny good to have you here dont be shy if you have any questions please feel free to ask them. Hope you enjoy the forum and we look forward to your input.

Jon
Turkeybuster

BluMtnGobbler

RE: New from New Mexico

Postby BluMtnGobbler » March 21st, 2011, 11:51 am

Welcome Jenny. I am pretty new to this turkey hunting (3rd year) still waiting on first bird but I love it. There are a lot of good people on this site and they share a ton of info.
Brian

Return to New Members of the Forum