New member from Ohio

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
woodchuck

New member from Ohio

Postby woodchuck » March 2nd, 2012, 3:08 pm

Its woodchuck here. I am exciting about joining the forum and turkey hunting in general. Iam a good friend of Mark Hay. Matter of fact I am in the Mark Hay apprentice turkey hunting program... He will be thrilled to read that.lol. April 23 here in Ohio and I am ready. I wish everyone the best of luck this year.

rbewilson

Re: New member from Ohio

Postby rbewilson » March 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm

Welcome woodchuck,gald you made it to the dark side with us.any friend of hay is a friend of ours,now lets talk some turkey,you will have to ask Hay if you can be a member of the sore lip club.

dewey

Postby dewey » March 2nd, 2012, 4:38 pm

woodchuck wrote:Its woodchuck here. I am exciting about joining the forum and turkey hunting in general. Iam a good friend of Mark Hay. Matter of fact I am in the Mark Hay apprentice turkey hunting program... He will be thrilled to read that.lol. April 23 here in Ohio and I am ready. I wish everyone the best of luck this year.

Hey woodchuck wlecome to the forum. You could certainly do a lot worse than having Mark show you the ropes :D

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

woodchuck

Postby woodchuck » March 2nd, 2012, 5:05 pm

I will definitely ask him. Thanks all for the welcome .

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » March 2nd, 2012, 6:40 pm

Welcome aboard, Woodchuck. Glad to see another Buckeye here!

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » March 2nd, 2012, 7:21 pm

Welcome woodchuck. You have a good Master
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Struttinhusker

Postby Struttinhusker » March 2nd, 2012, 8:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info on this site.

Gary

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 3rd, 2012, 9:31 am

What the ? A whistlepig,,,,I mean woodchuck !
You boys would get a big kick out of Chuck . Just a couple days ago we were on break and Chuck was running this little pot call . He has made great progress in his calling abilities as of late and the yelps that he was producing were spot on with realism . He would run it a little and I'd comment on the sounds quality and the remaining toolroom worker just sat quiet with his head bowed . Ain't sure if he was praying or nearing the point of passing out :D .
So Chuck goes to lay the call on the desk ,,,,,,,,,it got away from his grip ,,,,,,,it hit the floor . Now the feller with the bowed head is grinning ,with his head up,,,,,,,,,my eyes are bulged out at the thought of this fine little glass pot hitting the concrete,,,,,and Chuck is turning out some four letter words not fit to be heard on sailing vessels.
Then the mourning ceremony began as Chucks cussing turned into long wails of sighing, much like that which Jerry Clower would use in one of his tales of woe . There sat Chuck holding his striker with one hand and his other over his heart .
The toolroom guy only chuckled and laughed , seeming very pleased with the cessation of turkey
vocalizations .
I thought Chuck would bust ! Then I began to think he was gonna take off work early just to get to the store to get another glass pot . But , he managed his anxiety and remained at work .

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » March 3rd, 2012, 10:52 am

Must have been the wrong time to be messing with calls. I was running a little scratch box yesterday and the thunder scared my daughters dog. She jumped up next to me and bumped the call off the couch. When I shifted my feet to pick it up I busted the lip off. Not my #1 scratcher, but it still hurts :cry:
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

woodchuck

Postby woodchuck » March 3rd, 2012, 11:08 am

Mark the little duece calls again. The sweet spot is in the same place. Now to call while George has lunch!! Got it last night.

Next

Return to New Members of the Forum