First year turkey hunter

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
Sit Still...

First year turkey hunter

Postby Sit Still... » April 28th, 2010, 7:46 am

Hello everyone!
My name is Steve Clark, and I am a first year turkey hunter. Hmmm.. sounds like an AA meeting intro. Well, my good friend Jim in North carolina told me that these turkeys were addicting, and he was right. I grew up in mid Minnesota hunting and fishing for anything and everything, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning wild turkeys. That was in the 70's and early 80's and maybe the populations weren't that good back then. I moved to Virginia in '87 and pretty much quit hunting and fishing because of new location and no friends that were interested in that. Then I moved to NC and met Jim (Cut N Run). He got my butt of the sofa and out on the water and back into fishing in a big way. He also tried many times to convince me to go hunting with him, and I kept putting him off. Well, then I moved again and now am in Edgewood, New Mexico since fall of '06. This spring after hearing Jim tell me about his prep for the upcoming season I decided I HAD to get out there. I read everything I could find about springtime turkey hunting and of course Jim was always there with answers to my questions and advice from lessons learned the hard way. I had a great time and learned a lot. I am heading to the first turkey thread to post my seasons success story.
Knowledge leads to success!

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: First year turkey hunter

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 30th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Welcome to the addiction Steve and to the T&TH forum. A lot of good folk here that will help you out in anyway they can.
Enjoy your stay. [:D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to New Members of the Forum