New Member Intro

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
limbhanger

New Member Intro

Postby limbhanger » April 26th, 2010, 6:25 am

Hello evrybody,
My Name is Mike DeVore, I'm from N.W. Ohio. I'm a member of SCI, P&Y, QDMA, and I would imagine that the NWTF is next on my to do list.
I'm creeping ever so close to the half century mark this upcoming October. I was a late bloomer in the hunting world, although I did a little hunting as a teen, it wasn't until I was in my mid 20's that I became consumed with a passion for the great outdoors, that has only been second to the three F's, (family, faith, and friends). Like a lot of people these days I have been kicked around pretty hard by the economy, plant closings, layoffs, etc... A passion for hunting and the great outdoors has helped keep my sanity.
A few years back I started writing and having a few of my longwinded tales published in various hunting mags. However I've experienced bit more success as a videographer. I've had the good fortune to video everything from bighorn's to bears, from elk to deer and of cource turkeys.
Unlike some, I've harvested more with my canon xlh1a, than I have with my bow or muzzleloader. Anyhow just a little about who I am and what passions consume me.
I truely enjoy talking, reading, writing and videoing anythiing to do with hunting, and after just a few days in the forum, I can see that I am going to enjoy this site. Thanks for having me, and goodluck to all.

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: New Member Intro

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 10th, 2010, 12:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum limbhanger, glad you joined us. Ask some questions, post some pics, and most of all Enjoy your stay.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » May 11th, 2010, 5:14 am

Welcome to the T&TH forum Mike, the finest turkey hunting board on the web IMO. You can find busier forums, like Old Gobbler... but for me they are just that...too busy. No one like to post a topic only to have it fall off the front page in two hours, let alone overnight before most members have an opportunity to view it.

Some fine folks here...enjoy!

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 11th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Welcome limbhanger good to have you here.
Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to New Members of the Forum