Hey yall

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
shad309

Hey yall

Postby shad309 » April 30th, 2010, 11:49 am

How's it going! I happened to stumble on this site 2 days ago when I was trying to find a new striker for my slates. Have 2 say I'm impressed with all the info here.

The past 10 years I have not taken a gun with me into the woods. I picked up photography and get to shoot all the birds I want! I'm not against hunting and I even take buddies and call up birds for them. I learned from my Grandpa and called my first bird when I was 4 on a Lynch's Fool Proof. Of course as luck would have it, he missed my first call. After I mastered that beautiful sounding box I was "allowed" to use his Jet that he broke. I would have to say that of all the calls I have owned in my life, nothing sounds like those 2 calls. Everytime I see one it brings back great memories of hunting with Grandpa.

I moved to Illinois about 12 years ago when I left Arkansas. When I left "home" I thought I wouldn't get to be in the turkey woods every spring anymore. Here you have to sign your life away in blood or hunt with 1000 others on public land. Since picking up the camera doors have opened and gates unlocked. I know have the pleasure of enjoying every free spring morning sitting in the middle of a few hundred acres of woods that are patrolled by paid security and hasn't been hunted in over 20 years. Other than my family, friends, & health I couldn't have asked to be blessed by God more.

I look forward to talking with each one of you and sharing stories and tips!
Shad Arington

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Hey yall

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 30th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Welcome to T&TH shad, hope to see some of those great photos.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

shad309

Postby shad309 » May 1st, 2010, 12:15 am

Thanks for the welcome! I will be more than glad to share some shots. On my way out the door right now!

Anyone else headed out this morning, good luck!!!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » May 11th, 2010, 5:20 am

Welcome to the T&TH forum Shad, some great photos you have posted.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 11th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Welcome Shad hope you enjoy it.
Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to New Members of the Forum