New northern Illinois hunter

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
Big_Mo

New northern Illinois hunter

Postby Big_Mo » September 3rd, 2013, 7:41 pm

Hi there, Just wrapped up my hunter education at Max McGraw Wildlife foundation by Elgin. I am looking to get into fall turkey hunting (shotgun) and was wondering if there any other Northern Illinois turkey hunters on this message board. Hope to learn a lot from the stories on the message board and hopefully meet some northern Illinois turkey hunters!

Steve_In

Re: New northern Illinois hunter

Postby Steve_In » September 5th, 2013, 9:20 am

Welcome. Not from Illinois though. Do a search for fall hunting and you should have plenty of reading until someone from your area chimes in. My sister lives in Oregon Il and she says they are thick around there.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » September 8th, 2013, 9:11 am

Welcome to T&TH Big_Mo, Ill. has a good turkey population and you shouldn't have much trouble finding birds. ;)
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Big_Mo

Postby Big_Mo » September 15th, 2013, 9:52 am

Thanks for the comments. I was getting a little discouraged about Illinois fall turkey hunting. Just entered the random day drawing lets hope for a turkey for Thanks Giving haha!

ads1

Postby ads1 » September 15th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Welcome to the T&TH Forums. I'm from Southern Illinois but there are a lot of turkeys in the nw border counties next to Wisconsin. Scout out the area and know there are turkeys in the area. Then be patient and go for the entire day. You will get a chance at a turkey! Good Luck.

Terry

Return to New Members of the Forum