New to the forum and the sport again

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
Leatherneck1775

New to the forum and the sport again

Postby Leatherneck1775 » November 29th, 2010, 4:02 am

Morning to you, Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to the sport again (did a good bit of turkey hunting about 8 years ago, but work haven't done any since and to call me rusty would be an understatement). Now my father-in-law wants to get into it, and I'd like to get my own father into it as well. I live in Florida myself but want to identify hunting grounds somewhere north of PA where we can rent a rustic cabin or very basic camp to hunt out of, hopefully see some birds and maybe harvest one or two. Orginally I was thinking the southern NY areas? Right now, just trying to identify some good counties and areas to look into as well as starting to get the cob webs off the calls. I feel privaleaged to have the chance to pick so many Turkey hunters brains.

Watch Your Top Knot. -Leatherneck1775

allaboutshooting

RE: New to the forum and the sport again

Postby allaboutshooting » November 29th, 2010, 4:07 am

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck1775

Morning to you, Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to the sport again (did a good bit of turkey hunting about 8 years ago, but work haven't done any since and to call me rusty would be an understatement). Now my father-in-law wants to get into it, and I'd like to get my own father into it as well. I live in Florida myself but want to identify hunting grounds somewhere north of PA where we can rent a rustic cabin or very basic camp to hunt out of, hopefully see some birds and maybe harvest one or two. Orginally I was thinking the southern NY areas? Right now, just trying to identify some good counties and areas to look into as well as starting to get the cob webs off the calls. I feel privaleaged to have the chance to pick so many Turkey hunters brains.

Watch Your Top Knot. -Leatherneck1775

Glad to have you hear. I know you'll enjoy the T&TH forum and we look forward to getting to know you better.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

grizzly

RE: New to the forum and the sport again

Postby grizzly » November 29th, 2010, 5:25 am

welcome leatherneck i don't know much about pa. but i do live in southern tier of n.y . i live in tioga county on the pa border and i can tell you that the turkey hunting here is great as well as white tails here in the candor area there is a big amount of state land and as well as alot of land for sale[:)] wayne

Return to New Members of the Forum