09 Colorado Spring Season

RockyMtnGobblers

09 Colorado Spring Season

Postby RockyMtnGobblers » February 16th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Anybody scouting yet? I hope to hit the woods soon!
 Cant wait for the hunt!!!
It aint the killin it's the challenge of the Hunt.

BuffLimbhanger

RE: 09 Colorado Spring Season

Postby BuffLimbhanger » February 17th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Been doing a little scouting been seeing some in winter flocks still

GearJammer

Postby GearJammer » April 6th, 2009, 2:05 pm

[:)] Oh Ya!! Have scouted out several places this year. I have probably done a better job this year than in previous seasons. Just a few more day....hope it pays off!! Good luck to all! 

"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

beardseeker

Postby beardseeker » April 9th, 2009, 10:14 am

Hey all,
New to forum. I've been doing some scouting but front range hunting (Boulder/Lyons area & north) is much different from the NE & KS hunting I've been doing in recent years. Could use some help figuring things out. I have plenty of private ground in NE if someone was interested in doing some trading. You help me in CO & I'll put you on some excellent NE hunting.

Good luck with this year's spring hunt!

Beardseeker

GearJammer

Postby GearJammer » April 11th, 2009, 10:25 am

Well....chalk one up to mother nature and those wary gobblers on opening day. I got up to around 9000 ft about 3 am, had a little coffee and waited until just before sunrise. Heard alot of chatter and was starting to get really excited when the Tom I had found a few months ago started to answer me back! I had seen the forecast for this part of Colorado but I wasn't going to let that deter me. About the time 8:30 am rolls around, down comes the snow again! At this point, they are staying tight and quiet...no more talking, no more sounds coming out of the woods. I decided I would try to wait it out for a couple hours, and it did slow down some, but then it began to rain and lightening. Packed up my stuff, double checked my waypoint on GPS, and hiked back down.
  You may have won this round my big friend but it's a long season....See ya in a couple days. [;)]
"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 19th, 2009, 9:31 am

Hey you Colorado boys,...how's the season coming along up that way?  I've been waiting for updated reports from some of you, but ya'll have gotten quiet recently. 

Season's over down here in NM, but it was a great one....cooperative birds everywhere.  I've been thinking about making a trip up your way one of these springs...any of you got any suggestions?

Jim

Return to Colorado