Need help with the Colorado License's and units.

spctbone

Need help with the Colorado License's and units.

Postby spctbone » December 7th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Hey ya'll, newbie from Tennessee here. I am planning on coming to Colorado this spring and was hoping to get in a turkey hunt. I will be staying just west of Boulder. i have no clue how your guys system works there. What License's do I need? Do I get a Limited or Unlimited? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jackie

Treerooster

RE: Need help with the Colorado License's and units.

Postby Treerooster » December 12th, 2009, 6:33 pm

If you are hunting west of Boulder then I think that is an unlimited area. You can just buy your license at a sporting goods store or online. If you were born after Jan 1 1949 you will need a hunters safety certificate (I think thats the cut off date). A hunter safety certificate from your state will probably work, but you should check. Nonres turkey is $100 (1 gobbler) and you will also need a habitat stamp, $5.

Most, if not all limited units take at least 1 preference point to draw. A lot take several points. So unless you have pref points, you probably wouldn't draw.

The 2010 turkey brochure will be out in late Dec, I think, either online or you could get one mailed to you.

GearJammer

RE: Need help with the Colorado License's and units.

Postby GearJammer » January 2nd, 2010, 1:08 pm

2010 Turkey Regulations are out and available!
"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

Return to Colorado