South and SouthWest Colorado

Calisto

RE: South and SouthWest Colorado

Postby Calisto » December 25th, 2008, 3:38 am

Hi.   just saying hello for the moment.  I'm new to Turkey Hunting.   I've ordered calls and instructions, and hope to   find some place to hunt  this spring.  I'm committed to watching every  Turkey Hunting DVD I can find, and to mimicing the basic calls.   I live in Denver Area.

I also ordered decoys,  and  some camoflage.    Would be happy to talk to anyone that can talk Turkey.  [8|][8|][8|]

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 25th, 2008, 1:03 pm

welcome CALISTO
you've come to the right place feller. you can ask any question here,,, someone or many will answer.   welcome
m.hay

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 24th, 2009, 9:30 am

I'm new here and I'm in Georgia, but I love hunting your Merriams bird and I love the country they occupy. They're the prettiest of the species in my opinion

I hope to make it Colorado to hunt turkeys

Durango Kid

Postby Durango Kid » March 1st, 2010, 3:35 pm

I currently live in SW Colorado and the hunting here is great! I've been fortunate enough to see some great terrain and ever better turkeys. New Mexico is also a great place to hunt as well. There seems to be a good population of Merriams in and around the Farmington area. Out of state tags aren't too bad ($130) and you get a chance to get 2 birds! You certainly have to earn your birds here with the hiking you have to do up and down the mountains, but well worth it. Hope to see you all out hunting!

Previous

Return to Colorado