Thanksgiving weekend birds

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
fallhunt

Thanksgiving weekend birds

Postby fallhunt » November 29th, 2011, 7:41 am

Went with a friend on Thanksgiving to archery hunt turkey.He knew where some longbeards roosted, so game on.I called a pair in off of the 6 that were roosted above us and let them walk by me at 15 yrds.to his gobbler decoy.A well placed shot and it was over.What came next was watching all the birds pound there down companion,11 in all!I wasn't able to get a shot due to brush in my way but I still enjoyed the show.I was able to go back and watch them in the rain the next day but no shot again.So I went to my favorite public land area to find some birds.It was hard to locate birds to bow hunt in the wind and rain but I did.A pair of jakes came in yesterday and I was able to fill my second tag.After the shot the hill I was on was overrun with gobblers.So with filled tags it was another good show.5 arrowed birds this fall with the best to come.I head west to NE.and KS. to end the fall/winter season.

Duke0002

Re: Thanksgiving weekend birds

Postby Duke0002 » November 29th, 2011, 11:58 am

Congrats! Great to see lots of birds. Be safe on your travels and good luck!

BigBuckeye

Re: Thanksgiving weekend birds

Postby BigBuckeye » November 30th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Way to go on the arrowed bird :!:

He must have been the bully of the bunch and after you put him down, they ganged up on him to pay him back :lol: :!:
I can't get any sleep!!!

Arnie

Return to Fall Hunting