SURROUNDED

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
mark hay

SURROUNDED

Postby mark hay » September 7th, 2008, 5:44 am

Surrounded!    Went out yesterday morning to waste some shotshells trying to hit some doves. Well there were no doves on that farm,so I decided to slip down in the woods and check out the turkey sign.After I moved about 30 feet I glanced across the field toward the truck and it was surrounded by two adult hens and thier flocks. I managed to get out of sight and use the hillside to cover my movement to get closer.Soon I could hear those soft KEE-KEEs and purrs. The old girls finally made me out and gave out a few yelps and the whole bunch walked away and back into the timber. This morning I went down to the wildlife area where I'll be spending most of the fall season. I was fortunate to see a small flock leave the roost. Later , I was about 2 miles away and found a gobbler gang out in an field of wheat stubble . There were jakes , super jakes and longbeards too. Total of 13 birds . As I was glassing them from about 150 yards one finally made me out and soon all heads were up and they lined out and headed for the timber.  CAN'T WAIT!   ''OLD SCHOOL TURKEY TACTICS''

trkyklr

RE: SURROUNDED

Postby trkyklr » September 8th, 2008, 3:35 am

sounds like your just watchin the calender waitin for the green flag good luck

Return to Fall Hunting