24 more hours

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
grizzly

24 more hours

Postby grizzly » September 29th, 2008, 11:34 pm

hey all you new york hunters are you ready!!!!!!!!!! .just want to wish you'll the best of luck. been seeing a good number of birds so far.but you know how it goes see all summer be for the season. then the opening day they seem to dissapper

trkyklr

RE: 24 more hours

Postby trkyklr » September 30th, 2008, 1:52 am

thats turkey huntin'!!no matter what state you live in

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » September 30th, 2008, 10:32 am

Good luck to you too!  I've never hunted the fall season.  I was thrown off by the sunrise to sunset times.  I was just expecting the noon time limit.  Is is there a better time than others?  Late afternoon?
Marlinspike Lanyards

mark hay

Postby mark hay » September 30th, 2008, 11:17 am

FOR CRYING OUT REAL LOUD!!!!!!!   I'm surrounded by y'all , in different states, that have either been hunting or starting tomorrow. COM' ON OHIO. I still have 11 days to wait. Anyway, hope that ALL you chasers of snooded monarchs have a splendid time in the woods. Is the weather fit for a comfortable hunt? We are starting to cool off here in the southern Buckeye state.             later            ''oldschoolturkeytactics''

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » October 1st, 2008, 3:37 pm

Hey Grizzly,
  Endicott here.
  I've been seeing them and hearing them. Matter in fact, I was down in Pigeon Forge last Sat. morn and I had  a hen come thru the hedgerow right next to the cabin. Wishin I had brought a call with me, probably could have coaxed the flock thru too.
  Gotta nice one I'm aiming to intro him to my Ithaca Storm tomorrow morn. Around a 10" beard to start with.

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » October 2nd, 2008, 4:20 am

I got nothin'!  No signs, no sounds, no nothing.  The geese that laughed at me last time I was up there laughed HARDER this time, kowing I couoldn't do anything to them.  They "buzzed the tower" on me.  jerks.  The only turkeys I saw was a small flock of 4 in a playground on the drive out.  goint to try a late hunt today...see what happens
Marlinspike Lanyards

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » October 2nd, 2008, 9:16 am

Got out there this morning. Rainy, damp, and drizzly was the morning components. But did that stop me? heck no. Around 8am a gobbler chimed off about 100yrds away and soon I had a hen 10 yrds away intent on finding who or what was clucking. But alas, the gobbler didn't show his face.

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » October 2nd, 2008, 2:55 pm

I spent the morning getting rained and hailed on.  still no sign.  Then I decided to give a farm I woodchuck hunt a shot.  I found 'em!!!!  2 flocks in 2 fields.  I didn't even try the other 9.  I got frustrated and headed home after I made every mistake possible.  It was pathetic.  I learned the lessons, though.  I figured that I would be better off collecting myself and going back at them tomorrow afternoon. 
Marlinspike Lanyards

Return to Fall Hunting