Pup makes web site

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
thundrchikin

Pup makes web site

Postby thundrchikin » March 14th, 2009, 4:39 am

Hey all,Some of you have asked to see my pup,she is on the turkeydog.org web site,under the in the news portion.Thanks for the intrest.
canecreekcalls.com

deja vu

RE: Pup makes web site

Postby deja vu » March 14th, 2009, 7:43 am

Good looking pup, she sure looks like she is enjoying the "walk"
"Old School Elitist"

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 14th, 2009, 2:41 pm

thats a good lookin pup... 

AWTHDA

Postby AWTHDA » March 16th, 2009, 9:51 am

That's the youngest pup I've heard of following turkey tracks. She's going to be a good turkey dog. But good thing she didn't catch up to them yet!

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » March 16th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Thanks guys for the kind remarks.I am very excited about her progress.Most people that have seen her say she is ahead of the learning curve.I don't know about all of that but she amazes me sometimes with her ability to understand what you want from her.Thanks again.
canecreekcalls.com

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » March 18th, 2009, 5:46 pm

[:D]ahhhh a pup in progress ...good luck these are the fun times you will always remember....make fun , make it simple , and make it short.....[:D]

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » March 26th, 2009, 7:48 am

This is my son with a fall bird and my turkey dog.  Unfortunately he(my dog) went to the happy hunting grounds this past fall after 13 years of faithfull service.

Charlie Belle

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » March 26th, 2009, 8:38 am

sorry for your loss
Break em at Night...Back at light

AWTHDA

Postby AWTHDA » April 14th, 2009, 4:12 pm

My condolences on your loss Charlie. Nice picture of your son and your dog. I know a 88 y.o. farmer who, when I stopped to ask if I could turkey hunt on his land again, he told me his old dog died died a month ago, but he's getting a pup in about 3 weeks. Next time I saw him he had a border collie pup in the kitchen with him. At his age the dog will likely outlive his master, but he taught me there's only one cure for losing your dog, that's a new puppy. And he sure didn't waste any time. Hope you find one yourselves.

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » April 16th, 2009, 3:50 am

Thank you both.  It was very hard on the family when he passed.  My son, who is grown, still doesn't talk of his passing.  He was my 1st Beagle and very intelligent for that breed.  He was cross-trained on turkey, pheasants and rabbits.  Several friends preferred hunting with him for pheasants rather than their own labs and he was very dependable at fall turkey camp.  The bird in the picture actually came in behind us and walked by Bandit and I at 8 steps before walking in front of my son.  I have two more but they don't show the promise for turkeys that he did.  Maybe a Boykin in a couple when I'm closer to retirement.

Charlie Belle 

Next

Return to Fall Hunting