fall plans

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
1Morgan

RE: fall plans

Postby 1Morgan » June 20th, 2009, 11:42 am

I live in South Carolina we don't have a fall season; I have family in New Jersey that does. Anyone have any luck in south jersey Ocean County area?
South Carolina Low Country

concretekid33

Postby concretekid33 » June 20th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Myself and one of my friends plan on hunting in the black hills of South Dakota for fall season. This will be my first fall hunt and his 15th so I plan on learning what its like not to call

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 20th, 2009, 5:09 pm

When I think of the CAROLINAS I imagine lots of timbered ridges and the foot hills of the Appalacian Mountains . Where there are more country folk than city folk . It strikes me to be very ODD that a southern state in a mountainous region does not have a fall season.
 No offence fellers but either at some point in time or currently there are some real boneheads in your states government or division of wildlife .
 Or maybe I just don't see enough of the big picture .

I don't mean to start any crap ,,,,,,JUST FEELING SORRY FOR YOU FELLOW TURKEY HUNTERS BEING DEPRIVED OF A FALL SEASON.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » June 21st, 2009, 1:28 am

There are 3 distinct regions in SC the upstate (mountains), the midlands, and the low country (the beaches). Unfortunately all are filled with greedy deer hunters deer season is from Aug 15 thruough January 15 (thats not a typo) and you can use a rifle the whole season. The deer hunters refuse to give up a week during their season. But...they do give us 5 tags for the spring season.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 21st, 2009, 2:23 am

I see now what you are up against . Here in ohio there is an outcry for more liberal seasons on deer hunting , by the deer hunters . For years the late primitive weapons season has been between christmas and new years , when most people are not working . This coming season will be the week following new years and be 4 days in the middle of the week . I would like to know the thought process behind this as well . Now it looks like there will be a lot less deer hunters out in the woods and fewer deer harvested . What's wrong with this picture ?
 I understand that there is no way to satisfy all groups of people . The hunters want what they see as an opportunity to hunt more and longer .Most of the non-hunting public view animals like deer to be too pretty yo kill , until they ruin a good car or loose a family member to a deer and car accident . More and more the farmers in ohio are looking down their government subsidized noses at the turkey and deer  as a great nuisance due to their destruction of crops . Some of these farmers will allow hunting ,,,,,just about anyone that asks . Which sometimes turns into a great problem of overcrowding during season and overhunting .

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

102 Days to go !

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » June 30th, 2009, 2:19 pm

I'll be pretending deer are turkeys in 102 days!!!

thunderchicken

Postby thunderchicken » June 30th, 2009, 4:21 pm

75 days til the deer and turkey archery seasons open in the granite state! 3 months to turkey hunt!
Impatience is hard to ignore, but patience puts the bird in the truck!

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » June 30th, 2009, 5:50 pm

no fall season!?  i'd move...[:@]

...i don't know how mark survives.... with just 1 tag

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » July 1st, 2009, 3:04 am

1 fall bird in pa too! but i live right on the border of ny and you can shoot 2 and do it on sundays so thats pretty neat.

PreviousNext

Return to Fall Hunting