MY BRAIN HURTS!

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
grunt_doc

MY BRAIN HURTS!

Postby grunt_doc » September 15th, 2008, 9:33 am

Here's proof that I'm addicted...even my genetics homework has to do with turkeys.  I never thought to look at the color of their eyes, though....

3. In turkeys, the gene for feather texture has two alleles. A dominant allele produces smooth feathers and a recessive allele produces rough feathers. The gene for eye color, which is located on a different chromosome than the feather texture gene, also has two alleles. The dominant allele produces red eyes and the recessive allele produces green eyes. List the following for this cross through the F2 generation: a turkey that is homozygous for smooth feathers and green eyes crossed with a turkey that is homozygous for rough feathers and red eyes: 1. List the parent phenotypes and genotypes.2. List the parent gametes.3. List the F1 phenotypic and genotypic ratios.4. List the F1 gametes.5. List the F2 phenotypic ratios.

....uuuhm    HUH?
Marlinspike Lanyards

mark hay

RE: MY BRAIN HURTS!

Postby mark hay » September 15th, 2008, 2:59 pm

I doubt there is a man alive that could prove that I have a brain,,, but I do have some severe headaches .  Does that count ?

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » September 16th, 2008, 1:35 am

chromowhat???? ouch i need tylenol.

brian88

Postby brian88 » October 7th, 2009, 2:16 pm

you're not kiddin. translation, please?

FireFly908

Postby FireFly908 » October 7th, 2009, 3:39 pm

But, the real question is: Are Red and Green the only color of Wild Turkey eyes? [8D]

Return to Fall Hunting