JACKPOT!!!!!!!!

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
nhtrkybstr

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!

Postby nhtrkybstr » October 11th, 2009, 10:03 am

Hey guys and gals!

I just found a fall honey hole! I walked into a grape orchard, and the ground was covered with turkey tracks everywhere, including one HUGE set of tracks! The bigger tracks were twice the size of the other tracks that it was mingled in with.
There were droppings everywhere, and my question to you folks is should I hunt near the grape orchard which is loaded with grapes, or should I hunt down near the opening to the cut cornfield. There seemed to be more sign higher, but I did'nt go down to the opening to the stone wall.
What would you guys do?

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

turkeydoghunter

RE: JACKPOT!!!!!!!!

Postby turkeydoghunter » October 11th, 2009, 3:58 pm

mike hunt them between the roost and the food source...get close to the roost...good luck
Break em at Night...Back at light

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » October 11th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Sounds like their patterns are fairly regular. Do you have a trail camera? Post it where you want to kill one and see what time they're coming through. Have a back-up plan -- they may not be taking the same route every time. If they don't come through, head for those grapes.

Turkeys can't resist wild grapevines with prodigal output. Good luck.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » October 12th, 2009, 6:12 am

Hunt those grapes while you got 'em.  Hard to beat a favored consistent food source.  If they use the break in the rock wall to get from one side to the other, that may also be a great place to set up if you can see both sides..  Good Luck, & keep us posted....we expect pictures.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Fall Hunting