Jackpot? Not so much.

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
nhtrkybstr

Jackpot? Not so much.

Postby nhtrkybstr » October 13th, 2009, 7:18 am

Hey everyone.

Well, I hit the grape orchard today, and it was a dud. I sat in 30 degree temps with a rain/snow mix till 10:00. I was soaked and miserable.
That's gonna be it for me for fall birds. I have a meeting to attend this weekend, I have youth weekend for deer with my son next w/e, then muzzleloader starts.
I gave it a good shot, but it just did'nt work out.
Just wait till spring!

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

linda hay

RE: Jackpot? Not so much.

Postby linda hay » October 13th, 2009, 10:11 am

Hey nhtrkybster it just takes patience when you turkey hunt[8|]. Actually any kind of hunting but i've heard with turkeys you need alot of patience[:@].But you'll be fine .

nhtrkybstr

Postby nhtrkybstr » October 13th, 2009, 2:30 pm

You are right about the patience thing Linda.
The problem is NH only gives shotgunners a 5 day work week season, and they essentially cut the state in half. If you hunt archery, there are alot more options. I am not the best guy with a bow, so I took a day and a half to hunt. I put myself in the best possible area to get onto a bird. I was'nt sure it would work out, and even though it did'nt, I'm not dissapointed. I was out there, and had fun!

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » October 14th, 2009, 2:23 am

You gave it a good effort though.  Can't say that I'd be all that fired up over hunting in those conditions for a long time. The Spring season is getting closer every day.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

linda hay

Postby linda hay » October 14th, 2009, 2:45 am

Mike you did better then me i probably wouldn't have went period. Cause i hate cold wet or snowy days. I guess that is why i don't hunt plus i have trouble with killing anything.But when you live with a man that hunts and have three boys that hunt you listen and learn alot.[:)]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » October 15th, 2009, 3:10 pm

nice try mike wish you lived here id take you out with the kids ...mark hay too....sorry you dont hunt linda[:(]...we only take turkey hunters out[:D]

Break em at Night...Back at light

linda hay

Postby linda hay » October 15th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Thats ok turkeydoghunter i guess i'm just a soft hearted woman. I love animals and just can't bring myself to kill anything.[:(]But!! it just leaves more for you guys to kill. Is that your house where you are sitting on the steps? Looks like my kind of home[:)]And your dog is still a beautiful and i'll bet she, he is very smart.good luck hunting[:D]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » October 16th, 2009, 3:49 am

[:D]just tease N you linda glad you are  for this great sport.....thanks for caring...thats my friends camp its called gobblers roost[:D]
Break em at Night...Back at light

linda hay

Postby linda hay » October 17th, 2009, 10:47 am

Hey Ron i just thought of something. I hunt turkey's all the time i just don't kill them .Hee hee!!! [:D] Sometimes i spot them before Mark.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 17th, 2009, 2:22 pm

ORIGINAL: linda hay

Hey Ron i just thought of something. I hunt turkey's all the time i just don't kill them .Hee hee!!! [:D] Sometimes i spot them before Mark.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO WATCH THE ROAD!

Next

Return to Fall Hunting