Turkey Dogging with Skye

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
charlie elk

Turkey Dogging with Skye

Postby charlie elk » February 26th, 2014, 4:23 pm

There are many big hearted hunters on this forum who work with and teach new hunters. After all what better reward is there than sharing the love of the hunt? Last fall a unique lady Skye Goode heard about turkey dogging and contacted Jon Freis founder of American Wild Turkey Hunting Dog Association http://www.turkeydog.org/
to find a turkey dogger to take her out.
Skye wrote a post on Victory Outdoors and I posted an introduction to Skye with links here - http://www.charlieelk.com/2014/turkey-d ... with-skye/
this is a hunt I thought some here would like to read about.
Vic Skye (235x400).jpg
Vic immediately liked Skye
Vic Skye (235x400).jpg (110.49 KiB) Viewed 358 times
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Re: Turkey Dogging with Skye

Postby kygobbler » February 26th, 2014, 7:29 pm

Looks like you might have made a new turkey dog hunter. Sounds like you three had a very fun morning, too bad she wasn't able to get a bird.

"BTW, this young lady hunts barefoot. How many of us macho guys can do that?" I thought only Southern Boys/Girls did that. :lol: :lol:
There is no way I could do that bare footed, maybe with a pair of moccasins.

dewey

Re: Turkey Dogging with Skye

Postby dewey » February 27th, 2014, 12:33 am

Awesome hunt recap by Skye! Thank you for posting the story as it was a great read. If the turkey EXPO wasn't on the opposite side of Wisconsin I would love to come and meet you, Vic and Skye. You should encourage Skye to come and join the ranks here at T&TH.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Fall Hunting