Out of State Harvest Permit

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
Treerooster

Re: Out of State Harvest Permit

Postby Treerooster » July 28th, 2013, 4:38 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Wi. used to have a law posted in their regulations that stated Turkey Hunting Times ended 1/2 hour before the hunting time of the day ended. Meaning if the regs said that the closing time was 7:15pm, turkey hunting closed at 6:45pm that day. It used to be posted in the turkey regulations that way ever since they opened it up to full day hunting. I believe that law is still in effect, I didn't see it in the latest regs, but I may have missed it?

Copied from the Wis turkey regs in the small game pdf

Fall Turkey: Hunting hours are from ½ hour before sunrise to 20 minutes after sunset.

Its been that way for several years at least. Sort of follows the rest of the small game hunting hours. Spring hunting hours start the same and end at sunset.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Uncle Nicky2

Re: Out of State Harvest Permit

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » August 23rd, 2013, 12:30 pm

I plan on hunting in NY this fall, as I do almost every year, but that's only a few hours away.

I have something in the works for next year in WI, I may make a week out of it & hit another state or 2 while I am on the road.

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting