Re: Finally a gobbler in the bag

Postby ylpnfol » October 25th, 2012, 4:46 pm

way to hang eggshell, congratulations
David

You never know, unless you go

eggshell

Postby eggshell » October 31st, 2012, 6:29 pm

Well I'm off to hunt a day in Kentucky Thursday. Looks like this awful weather will break. Talked to my buddy down there and he is tagged out and killed a nice long beard today. He has been seeing plenty of birds, so we out to get into something. This is a no sort em out hunt, if it walks, squawks and looks like a turkey it is in trouble.

I took my buddy here back to where I killed my gobbler this morning and we walked right into the whole gobbler gang and busted them off the roost this morning. didn't mean to but did. That's one cool thing about fall, it is not the end of the hunt to do that. We waited until good light and started buddy calling back and forth and soon the woods lit up with turkey talk. How six gobblers can assemble in front of us and not present a shot is amazing, but they certainly did. We decided to let them walk off and wait for another day, because we both needed to get in. However, it was a fun morning.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

eggshell

Postby eggshell » November 2nd, 2012, 7:10 am

No luck in Kentucky. We first tried our traditional honey hole and heard one series of yelps.We got no reply from that bird. We tried another spot and with no luck. As we drove down the forest service road we saw two birds ahead in the road and I drove up to the spot and my buddy tried charging up the hill to split the birds, they just laughed at him and ran away. We parking and tried an end around with no results of any kind. We then pulled out and went to a new area and saw lots of sign, but no birds. I had one bird answer a series of yelps and I sat on that spot for 1 1/2 hours with zero success. I t was so windy you couldn't hear much. so we'll wait until the December segment of Ky season and try them then.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » November 27th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Congrats and good hunting there Eggshell. Glad to see Ginger got a good sniff too. :D
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting