Ontario Fall

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
TurkeyJohn

Ontario Fall

Postby TurkeyJohn » October 11th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Hey Guys,

Been a while. :)

Made it out this morning for my first morning of the 2012 Ontario Fall turkey hunt. We can take either sex, but only 1 in the season and the season is only 2 weeks starting the Tuesday, this week, after our thanksgiving.

Well, this morning was a bust for me. To be fair, was relying on my spring success to point me in the right direction. Went to the same farm and even set in the same spot. Boy, are the spring and fall seasons different for sure. Quiet as a graveyard and no sign anywhere. Decided after a while of absolutely zip going on to go for a walk. Only things I was able to see was a coyote, a long way off, some cows, came right into the same pasture, and the farmers dog, that I guess I startled as he howled like crazy. To top it all off, in the neighbouring field some guy is out in a wagon with a horse at day break? :x What's up with that.

Closest thing I had to game were some Canada geese flying over, but i don't like goose, so I let them fly.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better season. I hope to get to a different farm again before the 2 weeks is up but work's in the way. :x

TJ
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Ontario Fall

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 14th, 2012, 10:40 am

Good luck John. :)
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

TurkeyJohn

Re: Ontario Fall

Postby TurkeyJohn » October 22nd, 2012, 9:54 am

Well, the fall turkey season has come and gone and I was only to get out the one time to the turkey woods and didn't see or hear a thing,

Busted and tag soup for me,

Have to bide my time and wait for the spring season now.

Everyone that was able to harvest a fall bird, congrats,

TurkeyJohn
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

Return to Fall Hunting