Finally scored

Whether you're a 10-year-old kid or a 40-year-old kid-at-heart, bagging that first bird is a thrill. This is the place to share photos and stories of your first harvest.
BluMtnGobbler

Finally scored

Postby BluMtnGobbler » May 5th, 2013, 7:29 am

Finally got my first bird thursday May 2.Went out by myself, gotto myspot about 5:20am put out decoys had acup of coffee.At about 6:45, one gobble to some geese below me about 50 yards, I yelped once on boxcall ,2 gobbled, waited a few min. flapped my hat and yelped again, they gobbled closer, then softly purred and clucked and scratched leaves, they gobbled each time as they got closer. they came in to20 yds ,shot him at 6:05. Definitely hooked now! :lol:
Brian

dewey

Re: Finally scored

Postby dewey » May 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm

BluMtnGobbler wrote:Finally got my first bird thursday May 2.Went out by myself, gotto myspot about 5:20am put out decoys had acup of coffee.At about 6:45, one gobble to some geese below me about 50 yards, I yelped once on boxcall ,2 gobbled, waited a few min. flapped my hat and yelped again, they gobbled closer, then softly purred and clucked and scratched leaves, they gobbled each time as they got closer. they came in to20 yds ,shot him at 6:05. Definitely hooked now! :lol:

Sorry I missed this but congratulations on your first gobbler! Do you have any pictures to share?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » May 25th, 2013, 6:24 am

Congrats BluMtnGobbler on your first bird.Sounded like a great time.Would love to see pics.Ya sounds like you got that hook pretty deep. :D

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » May 25th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Heres a pic, not very good . lost my computer to old age had to replace :( Image
Brian

Return to First Time Turkeys