Only 2 days before the season opens.

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Only 2 days before the season opens.

Postby allaboutshooting » April 1st, 2011, 3:47 pm

It's been a little crazy here and now I find myself with just 2 days before the season opens. Normally, I just take whatever gun that I've been shooting the most to the turkey woods. Since that has varied a lot in the last few weeks, I decided to dig out an old Remington 11-87 that I've not shot in a while.

I normally shoot #6 shot and really like the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. I decided however to try some of the Hevi-13 shells with 2 oz. of #7 shot that I just got earlier in the week. The weather is supposed to turn very windy for the rest of the weekend, so I knew I'd only have a little time to see if the POI was the same with the #7 shot as with the #6 shot that I normally shoot.

Here's my first shot. The POI was a little high but I'll take it.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kenturkey89

RE: Only 2 days before the season opens.

Postby kenturkey89 » April 1st, 2011, 4:04 pm

Great looking pattern you got there, Clark. I'm sure you'll put it to good use and good luck this weekend!
Brian

Ruttinbull

Postby Ruttinbull » April 1st, 2011, 4:07 pm

I think it "might do."

On another subject.... I posted an open thanks to you for all the work you do. Lots of us have reviewed your info and gleened much from it. Thanks and good luck to you in the woods. Enjoy the time.

Hand

Bred64

Postby Bred64 » April 1st, 2011, 4:25 pm

Good luck Clark, my season starts then too. Going to be huntin around Waltonville, north end of Rend lake.
Hopefully the weather will be better than last weekend for the youth hunt, didn't much care for the snow. We did see some birds and my buddy's daughter slammed a nice one but me and mine never conected, just the way it goes tho.
ROAD RIDERS for JESUS
" LIVING for GOD, RIDING for JESUS, LED by the SPIRIT"

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » April 1st, 2011, 4:37 pm

ORIGINAL: kenturkey89

Great looking pattern you got there, Clark. I'm sure you'll put it to good use and good luck this weekend!

Hey Brian,

Thank you. We'll do our best. It's supposed to be stormy. At any rate, we'll be there.

Thanks again,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » April 1st, 2011, 4:39 pm

ORIGINAL: Ruttinbull

I think it "might do."

On another subject.... I posted an open thanks to you for all the work you do. Lots of us have reviewed your info and gleened much from it. Thanks and good luck to you in the woods. Enjoy the time.

Hand

Hey Randy,

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. It's been a very busy time for us, so a little time in the woods is a welcome thought.

Thanks again,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » April 1st, 2011, 4:40 pm

ORIGINAL: Bred64

Good luck Clark, my season starts then too. Going to be huntin around Waltonville, north end of Rend lake.
Hopefully the weather will be better than last weekend for the youth hunt, didn't much care for the snow. We did see some birds and my buddy's daughter slammed a nice one but me and mine never conected, just the way it goes tho.

Hey Bill,

Thank you. This weather has been a little tricky. The youth hunt weekend was pretty rough from all accounts. All my best to you in your season.

Thanks again,
Clark

Return to Shooting