Question about Tru Glo red dot?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
indiana slick

Question about Tru Glo red dot?

Postby indiana slick » March 27th, 2011, 8:18 pm

This is my first experience with red dot scope. shot new gun today with field loads to get P.O.I. 40 deg temp 20 mph wind didn't want to shoot turkey loads. Gun was shooting low left to start, moved up and right no problem, at 25yrd around half in per click. My question is if the dot is not centered in the scope will P.O.I. be the same. When sitting waiting on turkey not a problem to center dot, but for quick shot do you have to center dot for P.O.I. to be the same?

sugarray

RE: Question about Tru Glo red dot?

Postby sugarray » March 30th, 2011, 8:12 am

No it does not have to be centered. With any red dot sights, when that dot on on target, it will hit there, no matter where it is on the lens. Try an experiment. Put your dot on target at some distance, i'd say at least 20 yds, then move your head around. You will see the dot move on the lens, but it should stay right on target. This is called parallax, and there should be none. If there is, you have a defective product.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » March 31st, 2011, 4:33 am

ORIGINAL: indiana slick

This is my first experience with red dot scope. shot new gun today with field loads to get P.O.I. 40 deg temp 20 mph wind didn't want to shoot turkey loads. Gun was shooting low left to start, moved up and right no problem, at 25yrd around half in per click. My question is if the dot is not centered in the scope will P.O.I. be the same. When sitting waiting on turkey not a problem to center dot, but for quick shot do you have to center dot for P.O.I. to be the same?

You've asked an excellent question. The advantage to the "dot" type sights is that once your gun is sighted in, you can shoot from awkward positions and as long as the dot is on the target, you're in business.

All my best this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

indiana slick

Postby indiana slick » April 2nd, 2011, 5:30 am

Thanks for answering question guys. After I sighted gun in had an operation on foot, got to wondering about red dot and knew it would be a while before I could shoot again. Your answer helps Me like red dot even more. Hope You all have Your most memorable season.

Return to Shooting