Stoeger 350 choke question

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
ky_gobbler12

Stoeger 350 choke question

Postby ky_gobbler12 » February 13th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Hey guys I have a quick question. I have a Stoeger p350 and am currently using a Primos tightwad in it. While this combo works well with my Federal 3 1/2 #5, I really want to try some of the Hevi Shot magnum blends. I was thinking about getting the Hevi Shot choke tube and was wondering if any of you have any expirence with it in this gun or what has worked well for you in the Stoeger and these shells. Thanks in advance!

allaboutshooting

Re: Stoeger 350 choke question

Postby allaboutshooting » February 14th, 2012, 10:45 pm

ky_gobbler12 wrote:Hey guys I have a quick question. I have a Stoeger p350 and am currently using a Primos tightwad in it. While this combo works well with my Federal 3 1/2 #5, I really want to try some of the Hevi Shot magnum blends. I was thinking about getting the Hevi Shot choke tube and was wondering if any of you have any expirence with it in this gun or what has worked well for you in the Stoeger and these shells. Thanks in advance!

I think you'd be very pleased with the Hevi-13 Turkey Chokes and the Magnum Blend shells in your gun. It makes an excellent combination.

I'd also recommend that you "deep clean" your bore prior to patterning. If you're not familiar with that procedure, you can find the guidelines at http://allaboutshooting.com/article_inf ... les_id=282 That process really helps.

Best of luck this spring in the turkey woods.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

ky_gobbler12

Re: Stoeger 350 choke question

Postby ky_gobbler12 » February 15th, 2012, 8:22 pm

I did the deep cleaning yesterday Clark. Came out all nice and shiny. Was think about either going with the Hevi choke or the SSX. Just haven't made my mind up yet.

Return to Shooting