Mossberg Flex

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Mossberg Flex

Postby allaboutshooting » January 24th, 2012, 9:41 am

Here's a new idea from Mossberg.

http://www.flexyourmossberg.com/images/mossbergflex.mov

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

shaman

Re: Mossberg Flex

Postby shaman » January 24th, 2012, 2:09 pm

I was looking at that the other day. I was impressed with the idea, but I have to wonder if it will fly.

I can admit that back when I was getting started in turkey hunting I had one shotgun. It was a Rem 1100, and I got a collection of barrels for each sport I used it. All told I had 4 barrels. Skeet, trap, Deer slug, and upland. One, the full-choke trap, doubled as my turkey barrel. I would put a camo sock on the stock and receiver when I went turkey hunting to camoflage it and tape the barrel.

This is kind of the same idea. However, over the years, I got tired of all the changeouts. The first thing I did, when I got the scratch was by a Mossy 500 to be a dedicated turkey gun. I got it all camo'd up and left it that way. The 1100 now sports nice fancy walnut and it stays by my bed with the deer barrell in case something goes bump in the night. A few years later, I managed to snag a rifled slug barrel cheap, so my turkey gun also became my dedicated deer slug gun.

On the other hand, I don't know many people that really NEED a stockless, pistol grip shotgun, and if they do, they probably need it all the time and don't need to be messing with stocks and forends.

Bottom line: If I was starting out, I might really think about this TLS system. However, in short order, I'd probably go out and get myself a second gun. A dedicated turkey gun makes sense, as does a dedicated slug gun for deer.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 24th, 2012, 4:52 pm

i have to agree with Shaman . i've always been a big fan of the model 500 i own two right now bought my first one 1978 had a select a choke on it . next one i bought was their first turkey gun dull finish 20 inch barrel , got a slug barrel couple of years later it's still my home defense gun now my turkey gun is a 20 guage batam and the more i hunt with it i find it's great little turkey . there are those out there who love tactacal guns and that's fine so i'm sure mossberg will do well with it

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » January 30th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Only time will tell of course but it was sure a hit with the dealers at the SHOT Show, so I expect that we'll see them in some stores pretty soon.

To me the really good news is that so many manufacturers are investing in new models of hand guns, rifles and shotguns. That''s a good thing, especially in this down economy.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting