Out Future

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

Out Future

Postby allaboutshooting » August 4th, 2008, 6:20 pm

If you want to see what our future can be, just take a look at these kids at the World Shooting Complex.

http://www.youtube.com/thenssf

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

GearJammer

RE: Out Future

Postby GearJammer » August 6th, 2008, 1:04 pm

[;)] Hey Clark....I just got my newest issue of Skeet shooting review and they have a great article in there about future shooters and hunters. I don't know how many people are members of the NSSA that post here, but we just passed some new measures that will attract and retain new shooters.  There is even a new site on the internet dedicated to young shooters. Check it out!

www.juniorshooters.net 
"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets" Charleton Heston

allaboutshooting

RE: Out Future

Postby allaboutshooting » August 16th, 2008, 11:23 am

Doris and I just returned from the Grand American Trap Shoot Championship at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL.

In addition to the 2,100 Scholastic shooters, about 100,000 folks attended the qualifying shoots and the Grand. We met a lot of them over the 11 days that we were there. Two fine young shooters, one from Canada and the other from SD, won the doubles and singes and Harlan Campbell took the handicap division. The dedication that it takes to reach that level is truly inspiring!

The Scolastic program has grown so quickly that a new agency has been forme and the NSSF has turned over its oversight to it. That is truly great news for the shooting sports.

When you combine the youth involved with these clays progarms and the news about young Olymipic shooters like Corey Cogdell, it should inspire all of us.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. I've visited the "Junior Shooters" site and I agree, it's great.
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting