BROWNING MAXUS

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
LLHOOKER

BROWNING MAXUS

Postby LLHOOKER » December 1st, 2008, 8:34 am

HAS ANYONE HEARD IF BROWNING IS GOING TO COME OUT WITH A TURKEY VERSION OF IT'S NEW MAXUS 12 GAUGE?

allaboutshooting

RE: BROWNING MAXUS

Postby allaboutshooting » December 1st, 2008, 9:29 am

Hey Les,

Have you read the press release at http:allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=245

I plan to discuss a "turkey version" with the Browning folks at the 2009 SHOT Show. It's sure an exciting looking gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

LLHOOKER

Postby LLHOOKER » December 2nd, 2008, 5:32 am

Thanks for the replay Clark. Been waiting to buy a new gun. Almost bought a Browning Gold Ultimate Turkey until I saw the video of this gun on Browning's site. Looks like an ideal gun weight wise and I love the features. I hope they come out with maybe a 24" barrel and a good "turkey" camo and choke.
Les

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » December 2nd, 2008, 7:18 am

Hey Les,

I have yet to hold one in my hand but plan to "cure" that as soon as possible. On a related subject, I finished a year-long test of the Winchester SX3 recently. I found it to be a great gun. It's well balanced, very quick and light to carry.

I like 26" barrels for most guns but I went with the 28" for my test gun and I'm very pleased that I did. It worked well everywhere that I shot it, from the trap, skeet, sporting fields to goose blinds and the turkey woods. I think that longer barrel also added to its balance.

At any rate, I'll let you know what I find out about a dedicated turkey gun in the Maxus.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

LLHOOKER

Postby LLHOOKER » December 2nd, 2008, 11:22 am

Thanks Clark!
I'm anxious to hear what you find out!
Les

Return to Shooting