Any interest in still target shooting?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Steve_In

RE: Any interest in still target shooting?

Postby Steve_In » November 30th, 2008, 4:19 pm

I have a few suggestions.
Izak Walton north.
Roush Lake shooting range.
Ideal C.C in Cherubusco
Sounds like fun.  I would come.  I have had my fill of running shoots from the old Kekionga Longrifles.  Goodluck getting it going.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » December 1st, 2008, 2:46 pm

I'd looked over the NWTF rules once before, yet I'm glad you reminded me of them . I'll contact my directors, one of which is a prostaffer, and see if it is too late to be scheduled for this spring. In any event I will host 2-3 here in In. and maybe 1 in Tn. I may be contacting you for some help Clark if your really up to it.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
                                                                                           L.K.LESLIE
                                                                          HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
                                                                          MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » December 1st, 2008, 5:56 pm

Hey Larry,

Just let me know and I'll be of any help possible. There are several advantages to the NWTF package, targets, etc. but one major item is insurance coverage. It's included in the $50.00 fee.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 1st, 2009, 5:01 pm

Bumped to the top....as relevant to Clark's 1/1/09 post about same topic under general discussion.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » January 8th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Hello Clark, been busy in the call shop and just gettin back to the forum. I have 3 turkey shoots scheduled in March and April, both are all day family events with other seminars, contests, and testimonials, happening during the shoot. I have had  no luck gettinn hold of the contact for the NWTF shooting events thus far, but as far as insurance goes they will all be held at conservation clubs in the In. area and we'll incorporate thier range marshalls. I am interested in knowing about the timing sequence between flights and shooters, and should I also run a class for 16's , or 28's, black powder and double guns. I will not be running an open class as this is for the run of the mill hunter. I would appreciate any feedback or help you can muster.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF

ORIGINAL: allaboutshooting

Hey Larry,

That sounds like a great event. You've planned a good bit of variety and a number of attractions. I think you can have good attendance and it should be both fun and educational.

The NWTF has a package that's available and you may want to consider it. You can access information at[url=http://forum.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/http://www.nwtf.org/special_events/images/turkey_shoot/2008_Sanctioned_Shoot_Rules.pdf]http://www.nwtf.org/special_events/images/turkey_shoot/2008_Sanctioned_Shoot_Rules.pdf[/url]

I've organized several of those shoots and would be happy to be of any assistance possible.

I think keeping it fun and family-friendly are the 2 keys.

Just let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » January 8th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Hi Steve, I am glad to hear of your interest in the turkey shoot. The one in our area will be held in Wabash at the BassNBucks archery and firearms outlet there. How many of your fellow smokepolers do you think will be interested in such an event in that area? There might be one in the Decatur area also but I've yet to get intouch with the club there. 2 many irons in the fire. Lookin foward to your thoughts

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 24th, 2009, 6:29 am

[:)]

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 24th, 2009, 6:34 am

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

I'll be sure some of my buddies from the Tennessee Wildlife  Resourses Agency (Tennessee Game Wardens for short) stop by your booth in Nashville Larry.

Previous

Return to Shooting