Choke tubes?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
pabeard buster

RE: Choke tubes?

Postby pabeard buster » February 6th, 2009, 8:07 am

thanks again yall. ive decided to go with the sure shot, witch is actualy labled an ambidextrious stock. i havnt done that yet, but its something ill keep in mind. and something ill probebly even practice doing at the range.
cluck cluck,
Gobble Gobble Gobble,
BANG!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 6th, 2009, 9:42 am

My best hunting buddy shoots a SBE with a Kick's .655 Choke tube. He added a pistol grip stock.  He also had the barrel ported and forcing cones installed.  I never knew a shotgun could throw such a tight pattern. That gun is The Turkey Hammer.

I shoot a SBE II that I got a Wright's choke from Clark & it throws a dense, even pattern with the 3" Winchester #6's out to normal hunting ranges. The cover on the property I hunt is so dense, you don't get many far shots.  I only took one Turkey with it last year, but I sure didn't have to go looking for him after the shot.  He went down like a bowling pin...it was a close shot thouigh. Looking forward to using it more this season.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

SKFOOTER

Postby SKFOOTER » February 6th, 2009, 12:13 pm

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

My best hunting buddy shoots a SBE with a Kick's .655 Choke tube. He added a pistol grip stock.  He also had the barrel ported and forcing cones installed.  I never knew a shotgun could throw such a tight pattern. That gun is The Turkey Hammer.

I shoot a SBE II that I got a Wright's choke from Clark & it throws a dense, even pattern with the 3" Winchester #6's out to normal hunting ranges. The cover on the property I hunt is so dense, you don't get many far shots.  I only took one Turkey with it last year, but I sure didn't have to go looking for him after the shot.  He went down like a bowling pin...it was a close shot thouigh. Looking forward to using it more this season.

Jim
   What load is your buddy shooting thru his Kick's .655 in his SBE, Cut??

SKFOOTER

Postby SKFOOTER » February 9th, 2009, 11:40 am

ttt

Previous

Return to Shooting