Anyone shooting a 20ga.

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
dawei

RE: Anyone shooting a 20ga.

Postby dawei » March 27th, 2009, 7:40 am

ORIGINAL: CB on the run

Thanks for all the replies and information.  I ordered a Swarm .555 turkey choke yesterday.  I have Hevi-shot #4 & 6's, Winchester's heightweight load(not sure of the name) #4's, and [color="#ff0000"]Federal lead #6's pre flight control[/color] that I'll be testing.  If I get my hands on any new Federal Heavyweight flight control shells I'll try them also and post which patterns best.

Charlie Belle
[color="#0033ff"]The Swarm™ choke, using the Federal® MagShok™ 1 5/16oz #6, shot patterned the best of ALL loads in my gun, EVEN BETTER THAN HEVI13™!
[/color]
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » March 27th, 2009, 11:43 am

Hey Ken,

I apologize for the delay in my reply. The 12 gauge Federal Flitecontrol Wad shells and the 20 gauge Federal Flitecontrol Wad shells are two different animals. If however, you shoot the 12's through the proper choke, with a clean barrel, they can throw some good patterns. I only recommend the 3" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. They will shoot some good patterns with your .660 Wright's #2 turkey choke.

I've been testing the new lead 20 gauge Flitecontrol Wad shells and I've really been impressed with them. They outshoot the old loads, which outshot every other lead load, and as has been said, they outshot several "hard" shot loads.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 29th, 2009, 7:34 pm

ORIGINAL: CB on the run

Thank you for the information.  I had already sent you an email after reviewing your site.  Unfortunately it appears that the Tunsten super Shot company may be out of business as they have no inventory and no real updates since a facilities move last May.  I do have a ported barrel which you indicate that the flight control wads disagree with.  Any other ammo/choke suggestions?

Charlie Belle

TSS doesn't manufacture shells, but will sell the components.

https://www.tungstensupershot.com/pages/thankyou.asp

Previous

Return to Shooting