feedback on tactical 835

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
steve284

feedback on tactical 835

Postby steve284 » March 30th, 2009, 10:22 am

Hi,
I'm interested in buying tactical 835, would like pros and cons. I like the adjustable stock ( I have short arm syndrome). I'm a little concerned about the 20' barrel but I like the compact size.
Steve in Michigan

Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: feedback on tactical 835

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 30th, 2009, 10:46 am

I am no expert so take this for what it is worth I would say that the Pros would be adjustable stock for a better fit especially when slumped against a tree. Shorter barrel length will provide better maneuverability in close quarters. Less weight will mean less fatigue when holding gun for long periods of time or when packing the gun from location to location.

Cons. I think would be patterns that are not as tight and slightly slower velocities than longer barreled guns and less weight will equal more felt recoil.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER

Postby OTSDAWA_RIDGE_HUNTER » March 30th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I just bought one the other day and I love it.  The stock is fully adjustable which is real nice.  I took the choke that comes with it out and threw in a Comp-N-Choke XXXfull .670 and shot Winchester 3.5's 2 1/4 oz #5's thru it and it patterned absolutely destructive from 25-40yds! Judging from the pattern it threw at 40yds you will have no problem shooting past that if you desire.  I feel sorry for the first ole boy and many thereafter who get in front of this gun because if they are out there 20-50 yds he is toast!  It is classic Mossberg and they hit it out of the ball park with this firearm!!  I have owned the old school 835, the 935 (my duck gun) and now this one and this gun in my opinion is great.  If you have the sand to shoot the 3.5" out of it you will feel the recoil but you will feel that with any gun.  It comes with the tru glo sights and a padded sling.  I took the shell holder off the stock because I dont plan on using that.  All the shots I took were sitting up against a tree and the gun is very light and extremely controlable with the overall length, weight and pistol grip.  Im really happy with the overall design of the gun and extremely happy with its shooting performance.  This gun with the current choke and round I am using is the best shooting turkey gun I have observed, shot or owned.
"Many people talk smack about their skills.....I let my beard board and spur necklaces do the talking"

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » March 30th, 2009, 4:05 pm

I bought mine and sold it within the first month, didnt get mine to pattern to well with the 20 in barrel.
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 30th, 2009, 5:38 pm

i've used one for the last 2/3 years,it is very manueverable in tight quarters,it is light,& the adjustable stock can come in handy when sitting on a slope or something...the 20 inch barrel is fine for me,it gets the job done..but i am kinda tired of the pistol grip...it sux for fall wing shots..& kicks like no other..im takin the remington on tuesday 

Return to Shooting