My first Newbie Question

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Demoderby4

RE: My first Newbie Question

Postby Demoderby4 » April 1st, 2009, 2:32 pm

Yes both are legit problems, I will not waste your guys time with pointless stories and tales or waste my own time for that matter. If you feel like I am leading you on, or posting fairy tales forgive me that's not my intent. I didn't post the guns shooting problem on this forum because as you have mentioned, I had already posted it on the D&DH forum, so i decided not to bring it up, no need to when i have it on the D&DH forum imo. But I plan on taking my gun to the gunsmith for both problems of course.

And since it has been brought up, my gun is not shooting properly, sometimes it will shoot sometimes it will not, not a good scenario to have, so I will be addressing that issue before I do the choke, but in the same day, if that makes sense. Like i stated in my first post this post was to learn something on chokes and how to properly use, install/remove them.

And, with all due respect, you ignoring your wife's call is not my fault, (and probably a poor decision) not saying I don't appreciate it, i do! But, that was your choice to answer me instead, not my choice, please don't give me that.

And sorry if this has caused anyone to look down on me, or anything like that. I would not waste any of your time as i know you all have families, jobs, and probably some problems of your own that are much more important to you than my own problems [;)] (I do not mean that meanly either) I appreciate all the replies and welcome's I have gotten and I do not want to ruin that! I have to run tho, hopefully i'll be on later, my last mid term is tomorrow [:'(]
Matt Cain

St. Clair County, MI

shaman

Postby shaman » April 1st, 2009, 2:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Demoderby4

I plan on going to a gunsmith, as i stated above. I'm stubborn but, I'm not that stubborn, like i said in my original post I know I know NOTHING about them, that's not new to me, therefor no offense was taken. I was just looking for some help before going to a gunsmith this weekend.

That's good.  I don't usually say that to a guy; I usually try to pitch in and help.  However, I'd hate to have a half-understood answer lead to a tragedy.  It's so much easier when it's face-to-face with someone that knows. I always had a my buddies. One was the gun editor of a magazine, and the other owned a gun store. If they couldn't help, I was in BIG trouble.

I'll never forget the time my one buddy loaned me some checkering tools so I could see if I could get the hang of it.  He then tried to coach me over the phone.  The result was so horrific, that to this day, my gun editor buddy and I can fall on the floor laughing by just pulling out one Marlin 22 out of my collection and running our hands over the forearm.  I did my best to wipe out the mess with a belt sander, but you can feel all the lost material.  What a mess!
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » April 5th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Well i took my gun in yesterday, he just told me to take it apart and give it a good cleaning before he charges me with anything. I keep my guns pretty clean so idk if this will do much, but i'll do that and see what happens lol! Also got a primos choke tube and he showed me how to properly lube, install, and un-install it. Thanks for all the help!!
Matt Cain

St. Clair County, MI

Previous

Return to Shooting