SP-10?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
HoundHunter

SP-10?

Postby HoundHunter » April 8th, 2009, 3:35 pm

Howdy all,

I have previously hunted with a Browning Gold 12 ga. and sometime a 20 ga. Win. 1200 Youth(So much easier to carry)

Getting my gear out for the upcoming openig day I decided that the Browning will probably stay at home as it's not camouflaged and I dont want to mar it up with tape or have it dipped.
I have aquired a Remington SP-10 with a Primos Jelly Head tube (.695) and Federal 6's(2 oz)
I believe this would be good performing turkey gun but wanted some other input and also anybody who has hunted with a simliar combination on performance.

Appreciate any help/response!

Magnumdood

RE: SP-10?

Postby Magnumdood » April 8th, 2009, 7:57 pm

I use an SP-10 with a Rhino .720 choke.  After being beaten to death one weekend patterning a light 12 gauge, I don't mind carrying that SP-10 at all.  Be warned though; the SP-10 is heavy.
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: SP-10?

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » April 9th, 2009, 4:23 am

HoundHunter, The Remington SP-10 is a turkey killing machine. As Dood pointed out their a little heavy to tote around. A few of my buddies and I thought we needed them several years ago. We all have since went back to ether a pump or simi-auto 12ga of some sort. If your a stout flat bellied 20 something or you hunt flat ground or don't get to far from the truck or camp you'll be just fine. JK[:)]  Take it out and pattern it see how and where it's shooting and should be good to go. 
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

Return to Shooting