Stoeger Uplander Dbl barrel

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
DeanoZ

Stoeger Uplander Dbl barrel

Postby DeanoZ » March 31st, 2009, 7:16 am

Been thinking about purchasing one in 12 or 20 guage (leaning towards the 12).  Anyone have any experience with these, are the solid well made shotguns?  Just looking for a basic double barrel thats good for the money.  Thanks!

CB on the run

RE: Stoeger Uplander Dbl barrel

Postby CB on the run » April 12th, 2009, 5:16 am

I didn't respond earlier because I can only provide second hand information.  My son has a Stoeger 12 ga in the over/under plattform.  He initially raved about it but recently started complaining that that point of aim must have shifted because he hasn't been knocking down the number of crows that he has in the past.  He actually switched to my Benelli on the last couple outings and also took the Benelli spring goose hunting.  To me it seemed like a fair value for the money but I like a light gun to carry so you'll normally see me with a 20ga or .410.  He also doesn't clean his shotguns very often but is better with his rifles.

Charlie Belle 

Don S

Postby Don S » April 12th, 2009, 3:59 pm

have a 20ga I use for rabbits, love it , I don't worry about scratches and it always goes bang

m1garand

Postby m1garand » April 12th, 2009, 4:21 pm

I have an Uplander I use for pheasant and as a back up for turkey.  I really like, it's nice and old school.  The wood and metal finish is actually pretty decent.  Best of all it goes bang everytime....

Return to Shooting