Dazzle me with brilliance or baffle me with [bleep]

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Magnumdood

RE: Dazzle me with brilliance or baffle me with [bleep]

Postby Magnumdood » April 20th, 2009, 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: grizzly

hey guys i'm not looking for a fight with any one here . dood i was'nt judgeing your ethics if you're hunting leglely i have no beef i was just asking a qestion if you say you do'nt shoot them at long range that's good enough for me i'm not a my way or the highway type of guy i'm here to share what i know and learn what i can

Grizzly,

No sweat here.  He's wasting company time and waiting for 4:00.
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » April 20th, 2009, 11:26 am

ORIGINAL: greyghost
I noticed it looks like your scope goes down to 0 mag. is that so? For even 1.5 would make it a little difficult to pick up a turkey at 10 yards. Or are most of your set ups so that the bird will not be closer then say 35 yards?
The scope goes down to 1.5X.  As tight as any shotgun with an XXX turkey choke shoots at that range means any mis-alignment of beads insures a miss.  I can, and do, shoot with both eyes open, so I have no trouble picking a turkey up at 10 yards.  I set up with the ideal situation of being able to take a shot between 25 an 40 yards.  Any closer and the pellets are essentially still bunched up in a very tight shot column.  Further away, well, I don't worry as much when ranges get past 40 yards.

ORIGINAL: Magnumdood

I've been at this game for 10 years.

I'm not a good caller.  Bad?  Maybe not bad, but not good either.

Long-distance shooter?  How many times do I have to post where I like to set up before you believe it?  My gun is fully capable of cleanly killing a bird out to 70 yards and I have the skill to read the conditions that may exist.  But...I try to get the birds in a shooting area between 25 and 40 yards away from me.
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » April 21st, 2009, 2:12 am

ORIGINAL: Magnumdood

ORIGINAL: grizzly

hey guys i'm not looking for a fight with any one here . dood i was'nt judgeing your ethics if you're hunting leglely i have no beef i was just asking a qestion if you say you do'nt shoot them at long range that's good enough for me i'm not a my way or the highway type of guy i'm here to share what i know and learn what i can

Grizzly,

No sweat here.  He's wasting company time and waiting for 4:00.

Image Image Image Image

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » April 21st, 2009, 9:56 am

For me I prefer the 40 yard shot! But. as far as being more dangerous one range to the other, I don't think it would be. It all boils down to knowing your gun and it's effective range. If you know that you can get a clean shot at 50,60 or even 80 yards then more power to you. Everyone has their own beleifs and ways of looking at this issue. Nobdy is really wrong. We just have differant opinions. I know my gun is effective at 60 yards. But. Like I stated before. I prefer the 40 yards shot. For me it's the thrill of the hunt more then it is the kill.
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

singleshot

Postby singleshot » April 23rd, 2009, 4:25 am

magnumdood i liked your question because my cousin got in a situation monday where 3 people were after the same bird and didn't know the others were there. so knowing the danger zone is a very good thing.
John 1:1 John 1:14 KJV.

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » April 23rd, 2009, 7:13 am

ORIGINAL: singleshot

magnumdood i liked your question because my cousin got in a situation monday where 3 people were after the same bird and didn't know the others were there. so knowing the danger zone is a very good thing.

I take it he was hunting public ground?
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

singleshot

Postby singleshot » April 23rd, 2009, 10:10 am

nope ! it is a farm where just by asking the owner will let a few people by hunt. he beleaves that inorder to hunt elsewhere you should let others hunt on you.
John 1:1 John 1:14 KJV.

Previous

Return to Shooting