What turkey-specific features do you have on your turkey shotgun?

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
janesy

RE: What turkey-specific features do you have on your turkey shotgun?

Postby janesy » April 20th, 2009, 3:04 pm

870 SuperMag. Had the crappy express finish removed andhad it Parkerized and gunkoted "Foliage Green". Ramline stock, pic show a 23" barrel. it now wears a 20" tru-gol rifled sighted barrel, also coated. Rem-choke Ventilator seems to love the 3" but blows the 3.5's out too far.

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » April 20th, 2009, 3:40 pm

Good lookin' gun janesy.
I'm From Texas
[size=150]What Country
[size=150]Are You From?

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 21st, 2009, 9:20 am

I have to a agree, that's a sweet lookin gun janesy, about how much does it cost to have the reciever and barrel refinished like that.  I don't care for the express finish either.
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

janesy

Postby janesy » April 26th, 2009, 6:17 am

Thanks Guys

It cost's in and around $200 canadian to have it stripped, parked and then GunKoted. I think it was actually $180.

The gunkote is extremely durable and the parkerizing takes away any worries about rust. I just got tired of having to clean the gun within minutes of shooting it to keep the rust away. Being in Ontario, Our weather is always at the extreme. It's either blazing hot and humid or -25C. If it's not raining. So it was a no brainer that it was worth the money.

I have made a few changes for this years season, 20" RS barrel. BigHead safety...A must with gloved hands.

ImageImageImageImage

Previous

Return to Shooting