NRA National Conventon

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
allaboutshooting

NRA National Conventon

Postby allaboutshooting » May 1st, 2011, 4:04 pm

Doris and I just returned from 3 days at the NRA National Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. What a great time!

There were about 77,000 who attended (latest numbers) over the 3 days. There were displays and booths from just about everyone in the industry and some very good speakers, including of course, some probable presidential candidates. It was good to be able to see and meet them in person and hear what they had to say about the 2nd Amendment.

We were able to spend some time with old friends and meet a lot of new folks there. Some new products were introduced and we were able to handle them and ask questions about them.

One of the most encouraging things was to see the diversity of age and gender. There were young folks, middle aged folks and older folks. I saw a lot of families, young couples and both individual men and women. They were also spending money and very proud to wear NRA clothing, etc.

We were very busy, so I was not able to visit the forum, except late each evening. I missed reading the posts and being able to comment.

Next year the convention will be in St. Louis and I'd encourage anyone to who can to visit. It's quite an eye opening experience.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Turkeybuster

RE: NRA National Conventon

Postby Turkeybuster » May 2nd, 2011, 2:42 pm

Welcome back Clark good to hear you both had a good time and a safe trip.

Jon
Turkeybuster

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » May 3rd, 2011, 4:00 pm

Clark any interesting "new" gear that caught your eye or is a "must try"?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 3rd, 2011, 8:27 pm

It's always good to be home. I visited a lot of booths and visited with a lot of folks. There were some new products of interest and some very interesting conversations that took place.

I spent some time with the man who has begun to manufacture replicas of the Liberator Pistol. That's an intriguing firearm of World War II that's always held a lot of interest for me, since I first saw an original many years ago.

It would be nice if one of those "followed me home" one day.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 4th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Why do I think that is going to happen?

Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Shooting